Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Friday, January 14, 2005

Sex, Taco Salad, and Cosmo's

Saturday, I am throwing an intimate little party! My kids (all 3 of them) will be with their father, having a good time skiing. I couldn't be happier for them!! While they are away playing, mom will be too. One of my favorite guilty pleasures will be indulged on Saturday.

Yes, I'm talkin' bout those 4 gals from New York City; Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte! My girlfriends (from the office I worked at for a couple of years)and myself, have been mourning the loss of Sex and the City for months! But a wonderful thing happened on December 28th 2004, their Season 6 Part 2 DVD, (8 whole episodes) set came out! We have passed around the prior 6 sets over the last 2 months, watching hours at a time. And now, we are coming together to watch The End.

This is bittersweet, because we all know, there will be no more tales from the big city sluts, whom we all love and adore. I know this by itself, doesn't sound too tacky. But my personal touches to this gathering have made it the truly tacky event it will be. And I can't wait!

For starters, there will only be two drinks served, Cosmopolitans, and appletini's. (OK, I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but I know what I'm saying.) The signature drinks of the girls. Next, I'm making a FABULOUS (gotta love that word!) taco salad. And the obligatory fruit platter, so we feel like we're cutting a few calories. And, all of my homegirls will dress metro (slutty, loud, trendy, whatever you want to call it) and I am giving a really kewl gift to the best outfit! (and yes I realize we're going into tacky territory) But I'm not done yet! We will also be breaking out the Sex and the City Trivia game, for which there will also be another really kewl gift.
We feel this all day party, is fitting, for saying good bye, to a show we have been more faithful to, then most of our Ex husbands. And between the 5 of us, we have 8 EX-husbands.( Some of us have a few more Ex's then others.) I'm off track...oh well, it's my blog.

And I'm excited! It has taken every bit of self discipline I could muster, to NOT watch the DVD's prior to Saturday. A foolish promise I made in haste, at our last lunch. Yes just like those fabulous girls from Sex, we have lunch every other week. Where we catch up on who's sleeping with who, who is officially a "couple", and who's Ex is giving them a hard time at the moment. The girls from Sex, also had us running out to Fascinations (our local sex toy store) looking for stimulating toys. They have widened our horizons! Opened up areas kept secret, for many years. How could we NOT love the girls from Sex! So for one day we will honor, and toast, Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte. It will be a bittersweet moment, when we watch them, hop into various beds for the last time.

2 Comments:

  • I loved Sex and the City. I have all the DVD's. What a great idea to throw a party. Wish I was closer!

    By Blogger Brat, at 5:25 PM  

  • Well Brat, time to relocate? with your degrees, and experience, you would have no problem attaining employment, here in the desert. You'd have "your special man" and if you would like, a friend in me. (I am a wonderful, supportive friend.:-)

    And you would have an invite to the next girls party! If you want a new start? Life's short! Go for it! (This is just encouragement and an exhortation.Palm Springs is just a hop, skip, and jump from the Phoenix area. Straight freeway shot, either way. And here in 4 hours.

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »