Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sundays;The end & the begining of the week.

I'm so shallowly analytical, it bores the hell outta me. Which is probably why I enjoy reading blogs. Some I can live vicariously thru, some, I can laugh uncontollably at, some I can actually learn things from, and some I can feel falsely superior to. And still others I enjoy connecting with on some sorta cyber level. (And what that "level" means, I have absolutely no idea) I guess for me, its like looking inside of people, you will never meet, or even if you met them on the street, chances are you would never have the types of conversations, or connections with them that blog reading avails itself to. Which makes blogging unique, and not really part of what day to day living is. So blogging could be escapism, or is for me, at times. Not that I don't love my life, as it is. My children, my husband, my girlfriends, my home. I am blessed, and happy with all of it. But who doesn't like a little escapism, every now and then. My battle would be to keep from allowing escapism (blogging) to become obsessive. Knowing I have tendencies towards obsessive- compulsive behavior; I consciously work to keep balance. (This great self insight courtesy of the many dimes store self help psycho babble books I have read, skimmed, or memorized.) And it is on that note, that I want to give my homegirls a couple of other blogs they may enjoy reading while watching the clock on the job. (During their official "break times " of course) hehehehe

So Lori, Jenny, Shelly and Vickie check out these blogs. Entertaining, and completely different from the lives we lead. I hope you enjoy them. Let me know....
First is http://postmoderncourtesan.com (I think the title gives you some idea on its content. And she tells stories that are easy reading and fun)
Next is http://Paranoidpromqueen.blogspot.com/ Just fun to read. Let me know what you think.
And one more for now, http://www.onechildleftbehind.com/blog.htm A guy from Seattle, a writer, who enjoys photography, AND, he loves the group JOURNEY girls! Which means right there he is worth reading, right? Let me know whatcha think!

Well today is Sunday, which means (to me) it is the end of the week, and the beginning of the week. So here is where I'll purge myself of the end, and plan for the beginning. Friday night, we did Happy Hour, which we are prone to on ocassion. This one, in the beginning was instigated by me. First, I just missed my homegirls and visiting with them, and I had a very bad case of cabin fever, brought on by not really venturing out of the house. Unless you count the several doc.'s appts. and visits to the local pharmacies for mind altering, pain killers.
Well, and I received an e-mail from my former boss/friend that I hadn't heard from in a while, where he suggested we ought to do a happy hour sometime. A good idea is a good idea, so I ran with it. I have a great deal of respect, and care about my boss/friend, and missed chatting with him. He always made me feel appreciated on the job, and was a patient trainer, and always exhorted me to do my best. And I always tried to give him just that. I sensed in him a kind heart, a caring person, and he has a subtle sense of humor, that I also always appreciated. (Anything for a laugh, even when one is working) And, for any single, attractive, 20 somthing women out there, he is also single! Any interested women??? let me know, I'll see what I can arrange!
All right back to topic, we did happy hour. Although for me, it didn't have the feel of any of our old, usual happy hours. I had a good time, and always enjoy being with this group, it was just; different. More calm, not as much laughter as usual.....this could very well be, that I was not able to have my usual cosmo's...(due to previously mentioned painkillers) Instead, I drank VIRGIN Mai Tai's. Tasty as they are, they did not lend themselves to any mood enhancing, laughter inducing loud fun. I'm not sure if anyone else felt that way, as most were drinking their usual refreshments. It was good to see those friends I hadn't seen in a while. And Jenny, thank you for coming to pick me up at my house.( I didn't want to attempt getting behind the wheel of a car, with painkillers on board.) It was good to see your Mathew too. (Her approximately 2 yr old son, who has the face of an angel) He joined us for happy hour too. Which is allowed at Applebees resturaunt.
Saturday was spent doing not a helluva a lot. Movie watching with my significant other....laying around, just "being". The kids were with their father, which mean't it too was a much more calm, and quiet sorta day. And so ended the week.
Today, I get ready for the return of my children. Which entails actually shopping for nutritional complete meals. (We scrounge on the off week) Making sure all clothes for kids are ready for school, and steeling ourselves for the inevitable arguments over homework, and anything else my darling little boy (whom privately for yrs I referred to as Satan's Spawn) finds to debate. I know, that private nickname is probably enough to get me nominated for worst mother of the year. Although I have never breathed that nickname in front of him, or to anyone who would tell him. I think it is just my way, of releasing the frustrations of motherhood, without doing anyone any physical or mental harm. Riley is my challenging child. And I would never have been nominated for mother of the year, even if I didn't have a challenging child. I have to work harder at it, then most moms. Deep down, I don't think I was gifted with the great mom gene...which means I have to work HARD at being a sufficient mother. I love Riley so very much, and am very grateful to God, for giving him the face of an angel, and a tender spirit that he shows just enough, to keep me from checking into the funny farm.
The rest of today? my husband (not me) has suggested going to the formal gown shop down the road, to search for a formal for me. Yep, he loves to shop, far more then I do. We have a formal we go to every year, called the Tempe Governor's Ball. And I managed to convince him from the very first year, that I cannot possibly be seen at the same event (even if it is annual) in the same gown. This will be our 4th year. Which means I am starting to build up a wardrobe of formals, that I will wear again , when??? A total waste of money on some counts. But now I have convinced him that yes, we need to do another Cruise, so I can get more wear out of past formals. So that is in the planning stage for next spring. (I really, really want to go to the eastern carribean!) In all honesty, it didn't take much to convice him of any of this. My husband loves to travel, and have a good time. And our formal (fondly nicknamed "The Prom") is one of the events we look forward to each year. It means staying the night at a 4 star resort,and just putting on airs for 24 hours! Somthing we both enjoy. Nothing we would want a steady diet of, as our favorite home attire is sweats. And in the summer, shorts, and T-shirts.

So that is the end and the beginning. Tomorrow is my first appt. at a Pain clinic, where hopefully after a couple of epidural steroid injections, I will be off of these mind alterring pain killers, and back to my normal, clear thinking, neurotic, spit on a skillet, and bouncing off the walls self. Fingers crossed and prayers said. And on that note, here is todays

P - T - Q

Lord, help us to be more aware of blessings you bring each new day. Thank you for the joy of loved ones near, and for the peace of quiet moments. Teach us to fully live each hour of everyday. Let us not dwell on the past or future. Then may we know the joy and beauty of this very moment. Amen

Men show their character in nothing more clearly then by what they find laughable. (Anon.)
One should never know too precisely whom one has married. (Friedrich Nietzsche, German Philospher 1844-1900)

Being married is just like any other jobs. It's much easier if you like the boss.

I hope everyone has a great start to their new week!

5 Comments:

  • you should tell them to check out http://tequilamockingbird.blogspot.com as well...it's AMAZING

    By Blogger ak, at 4:08 PM  

  • Hey AK! Yep! You're right! She IS amazing. I am going to do a post listing ALL of my faves for the girls to check out. Also, Witt and Wisdom another halarious one with great stories, I have actually sent them some of his stories in e-mail form. At any rate, as soon as I figure out how to add my faves along the side of the template....(I ordered a CD-ROM on how to work blogspot, and all it's goodies) I haven't prevailed upon your offer for help yet, due to the pain, and drugs I'm taking for it, that inhibit my ablilty to think clearly. But hopefully that will change soon, and I will ask for help, if the offer still stands? You know I always check your site daily as well!!:-) And I'll let the girls know on my next post! Have a good monday!

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 6:52 AM  

  • Be sure to share what you learn! We are all newbies.

    By Blogger Brat, at 1:25 PM  

  • And fresh baked cookies. We'd like those too! And maybe a couple of martinis. Do you know how to make a good martini?

    By Blogger The G-man, at 7:51 PM  

  • LOL. OK, G-man! I don't do cookies. Sorry. Bownies, I do. But not cookies. Too time consuming, only baking so many per cookie sheet.And martini's? Sorry. Only APPLEtini's and Cosmopolitans, shaken, not stirred. Besides, martini's and cookies??? Uuuuck! Sounds like a horrible combination. But I did get the CD-ROM Learning Blogger! Which I'm lending to D when I'm done. See if she makes cookies! ;-)

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »