Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Another Day, Another Mishap

I need a break from dwelling on the Curse of February's past. Just couldn't summon the brain power to complete it. And, I am pissed off! I really tried hard today, to set aside my hang-ups on February. And to get some things done.

The Ex asked me to take the kids tonight so he could go to some pharmacist convention dinner thing in Phoenix. And since I am hitting him up for a few dates to take the kids in March, I willingly agreed. (We each take the kids a week on, week off) So I thought I would make the evening special, and I baked a German Chocolate cake. It turned out beautifully if I do say so myself. It's hard not to slice off a HUGE peice and eat myself sick! The only thing stopping me, is it really does look all pretty, without a peice missing from it. So, I'll wait.

The kids love my meatloaf so I whipped up three of them. The hubby likes meatloaf sandwiches, so there will be plenty even after dinner. I went and got some major grocery shopping done today too. $200.00 later.....and I'm thinkin I need to RE think what it is we eat! That could have been a couple of new outfits (kidding, sort of)

Still trying to change my outlook.... Safeway had the most beautiful tulips out! I got a red group, pink, and kind of a bright pink and white mixed. And with it actually raining here in Mesa, I thought it would cheer up the house. I spent an hour putting together 3 vases of the tulips, mixing the colors. And I actually smiled at how they brightened both the diningroom and livingroom.

I was just finishing up cleaning the kitchen from the baking and cooking, rinsing the dishes and putting them in the dishwasher, when the damn faucet literally popped off! The solid stream shot right up into my face, splashing water everywhere and soaking the hell outta me! I called Kevin and told him what happened, and he, bless his heart is handling this one! In other words the plumber will either be out tonight or tomorrow. If I didn't know better, I would think I was having an affair with the plumber. As this will be his 3rd (count 'em) time out to our house in the last 6 days! We haven't seen him for almost a year, and now 3 times in one week. Did I mention that it's February?

First let me say, that the plumber, is kinda a jack of all trades. It doesn't matter what goes wrong, or needs fixing, we call him. His work is top notch, and he is far more affordable then most plumbing corps. So he was scheduled to come out to the house on Saturday. As the water softener attached to the water heater started leaking all over. Pissed off about that, I told him I just wanted the damn thing removed. It is just somthing else that needs maintenanced on a regular basis, and now is broken. I felt I would save hassle and money in the long run, just putting up with the desert hard water. At the same time, the dryer went haywire. The laundry room was filling up with heat, whenever it was on, and the dryer was getting WAY too hot. So I had my ducks in a row, calling him out to fix TWO things. Friday night though, the washer broke mid cycle, and water was leaking all over from under it.(By the way, all said appliances are exactly 2 yrs old, this shouldn't be happening!) So another phone call in to Colson, so he would be prepared, because his list of things to fix, was now up to 3. Colson spent most of Saturday here with me the kids and Kevin. On the upside, all three only cost $190.oo to fix! (I'm trying to find the silver lining here)

We bid Colson farewell around 5:00 PM. By 6:00 PM the toilet in the master bedroom started leaking all over. The tank just kept filling up, and wouldn't stop. I played with it, Keving played with it....it just wouldn't cooperate. So we called Colson again! He was back out around 11:00 AM on SUNDAY. Yes, I said SUNDAY! Everybody knows, you do your best to NOT call a plumber out on Sunday. Even Colson, is going to charge more on a Sunday! He was with us for a few hours on Sunday, as the insides of the toilet were shot and needed to be rebuilt. (or whatever it is plumbers do to it.) All I know is he had some kinda caulking glue gun, and had all the peices spread out all over the floor. And that bill, $120.00 I guess since it was Sunday it could have cost more then what he charged us. So now the tally of things breaking down is up to 4.

This evenings mishap, I have no idea, what thats gonna cost. I do know it brings the tally of broken items to 5. And it looks like we are making Colson's car payement this month.

I can handle having to deal with repairs of odds and ends, on ocassion. But give me an fucking break! This is just off the wall! That 5 things would go on the fritz in 1 weeks time???

Well Kevin just called. Colson is on his way over. So, I will have him working on the sink, with my meatloafs sitting out, and a cake. Gee, I wonder if I should invite him to dinner. He's here as much as any other family member. And within 45 minutes the kids should be barreling thru the front door too. With the Ex in tow. Did I mention that this is PMS week? I think women during PMS week, should not have to deal with anything out of the ordinary, during their special time.

Unfortunately the February curse is ruthless. It takes no prisoners. And the only goal, to drive me to the brink of insanity. Either with catastrophe's regarding myself, or those I love. Or just by chipping away at me, with minor mishaps, coming in torrents. Unrelentless mishaps, one right after another. I think, and actually I would rather, February come with the minor mishaps. And usually after one really bad catastrophe, the following year will be more mionor mishaps. 2004 was the family crisis, and actually two of them, almost simultaneously. So I am due for just constant chaos this year. And to date, that is what has been happening.

But I am going to put that aside, or try to. I would like to spend a quiet evening with my children and my husband. Without anything else going wrong. Just a calm, uneventful, boring evening at home with the family. That's all I want. Really. And I promise to feel blessed. Well, for the evening anyway.

10 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

  • Oh sweetie! You need a day at a spa or just one without mishaps. Take care, only 18 more days left!

    By Blogger Brat, at 6:36 PM  

  • If it makes you feel any better, I got a nasty bloody nose today, and I think I'm coming down with a cold.

    Can you keep your cursed February on your side of the state border please? I'm trying to project an image of life in paradise in my little corner of the blogosphere.

    By Blogger The G-man, at 12:02 AM  

  • Oh, and keep your junk anonymous blog posters on your site too. I don't need any of that either!

    By Blogger The G-man, at 12:03 AM  

  • Wow, you need a major vacation huh?? Sure can't blame you for your feelings for February!! I will admit, that while reading all of that, I did giggle a time or two. Not laughing at all the mishaps really, but amused with how well you wrote this all out. An idea,... hibernate through February????

    By Blogger Sis, at 6:30 AM  

  • OK, G-Man I removed the damn spam! Isn't there rules about that shit? It figures my blog would get hit. (Yes I know, my lack of humor is showing) Brat there is nothing more that I would want then a few hours at a spa getting rubbed down, and oh a facial would be nice! But I dare not do ANYTHING until my Godforsaken month is up! I probably would end up breaking out in some weird rash disease. And G-man, you're right to be afraid, be very afraid. Keep your distance from me at all times during February. Ya gotta feel sorry for my new hubby. Although he did say past Febs. for him were not good, but he always chalked it up to bad East Coast Weather getting to him. You notice it's raining like cats and dogs, that's just icing on the cake, isn't it? Insult to injury. At least Feb. could have been beautiful weather wise! I had lunch with my g/f's today, they politely asked me to keep my distance for 18 more days. And Sis, the hybernation thing? Not a bad diea, except it always finds me! Just like Freddy Krueger hunting teenagers down in their dreams. THE worst week of the year, is right now. PMS week, during February. Hopefully my humor will somewhat be restored at the end of the PMS. But thank you guys for attempting to cheer me up!:-)(Although I'm not quite sure that's what YOU were attempting G-Man;-)

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 6:04 PM  

  • My only purpose in life is to be a pain in the ass. How am I doing so far?

    By Blogger The G-man, at 2:36 PM  

  • You are doing pretty damn good g-man!

    By Blogger Brat, at 3:15 PM  

  • hehehehe I am in total agreement with D on that one. But to expand just a tad more G-man; my feeling is, that if you're going to attempt somthing, then give it your best, and be GREAT at it! Congratulations on a job well done;-)

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 9:41 PM  

  • In my best Elvis impression voice: Well thank you. Thank you very much.

    By Blogger The G-man, at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »