Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Countdown - 4 days until March

This evening, I went to a few of my favorite blogs, to read and take my mind off of the news that came to me this evening. My cousins wife, and one time intimate friend, is in the hospital tonight. I wrote about her briefly in The Feb. curse part 2 post I think. She has had cancer for a few years now, and has fought it bravely, stoicly, and with grace. She almost got all the way thru her Hawaii vacation with her family, when she started having symptoms of cardiac arrest. (She is 44 or 45, I can't remember which) She was in the hospital in Hawaii at the time, to have the fluid drained off of her lungs like she does every 10 days or so now. But things were so bad, they flew her back straight away, to see her doc. She is scheduled for surgery in the morning......but it's cancer, things don't get better when you're terminal. She's scared.

The blogs I hit, to read, a couple of them were struggling as well, in one form or another. And I lifted up a prayer for each. As well as Kathy. I'm going to go to bed now, I'm too drained, and pissed. Pissed doesn't sound like the right emotion...and probably isn't. I just have a problem when bad things happen to good people. I don't understand it, and feel helpless in the power of things that are completley out of anyones control. Helpless, and without the right words.

g'night blogosphere.

5 Comments:

  • Hey 3T,

    Wanted to stop in and say hey, but now I'll leave my regards that things go well with surgery...

    You're right--4 days til March.

    By Blogger BTude a.k.a. GlassHoppah, at 2:50 AM  

  • Bitchitude, thank you for your well wishes, and for stopping by. I appreciate your comment.

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 7:59 AM  

  • Hey, just wanted to say hey and remind you that everybody is different as to how they handle the stresses of family, work, etc. Some can handle more with grace, some can only juggle a couple of balls; the key is being comfortable with what YOU can juggle. As for Riley, don't worry about doing special things with him all the time; just drag him in the kitchen while you're cooking and say, okay, today's the day you learn how to make mac and cheese, or some other bland thing that you do already, but now you're doing it together...my 11 year old likes that stuff, too.

    By Anonymous mediakath, at 9:12 AM  

  • I'm with ya - I don't get why the good people get such luck and the evil people seem to go on living forever.

    I'm sorry about your friend. :-(

    By Blogger Monkey, at 9:27 AM  

  • Mediakath, thank you for the words of encouragement, and the idea on time spent with Riley. I will try that this week. It just so happens, his favorite thing that I make him, is mac and cheese, with tuna. So learning how to make his favorite dish, WOULD be a treat to him! (I don't know why I hadn't thought of it)

    Monkey,
    I LOVE your monkey pic! Thank you for coming by, and commenting. You need to know, I consider your site, my laugh for the day! Always. I don't know how you come up with some of that stuff. But they are gems!

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »