Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Week-end Cocooning

Everyone's tucked into bed, and I'm alone for a few minutes to write. Overall it was a good week-end, alone with my husband. Saturday night, we did date night, and it went well. And there was some fun. We went to Phoenix and saw Million Dollar Baby. I did nod off for about 15 to 20 minutes in the beginning. Somthing about the dark and those comfortable seats. And the movie just didn't pull me into it right away. All though it did grow on me, once I was fully awake. And I had a little bit of a good cry towards the end. Sorry, I won't say much more, in case you haven't seen it. Overall it was a good movie. And I think deserving of Best picture. (Except I hadn't seen 3 of them that were also up for it. lol)

We went to Houston's and had a fantastic dinner. Nothing says fantastic like a great salad and big slab of prime rib. And a couple of cosmopolitans too. Very enjoyable evening alone with my man!

Today, we just cocooned for the day. Layed in bed, a little slap and tickle action, played cards, and my hubby made my favorite home made meal of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. (I've eaten a lot of horse radish this week-end!) And then we watched a couple of pre- shows to the academy's. I love down time alone with my husband, it reminds me of why we got married in the first place.

The kids came back from their father's tonight, but by the time they get here, and we go over homework and sign everything off, argue with Riley about needing a shower more then once a week, get him to shower and get ready for bed, then it's bed time or past bedtime.

I really was relunctant to "let go" of the week-end. Which menas I know it was good. Week-days are so hectic. And this week promises to be more so then normal.

I start physical therapy tomorrow for my back, and having never done P.T. I have no idea what to expect. This isn't scheduled until 4:15 PM, which is really going to throw the whole monday routine off a bit. Mondays are Girl scouts night too. Which usually puts bedtime late, with dinner, and homework.

I also have lunch scheduled with the homegirls. We haven't done a lunch in what seems like forever, although in reality it might just be a week and a half. But I know they will have some fun gossip about their girls trip to Vegas, so I am looking forward to it! Jenny and I didn't go, just Lori, Shelly, and Vickie. They like to have a rambunctious good time, and can easily drink me under the table and party a good deal of the night away. So I am looking forward to a little vicarious ride tomorrow.

I haven't seen Jenny since our last lunch, and I am looking forward to seeing how her pregnancy is progressing as well! I have asked for the honor of throwing her a baby shower, as soon as we learn the sex.

I also need to do a little shopping for the week-end. Saturday is the Tempe Governors Ball, and the dress I am wearing is silver and a light blue. None of my evening bags will go with it. They are all black, in one form or another. So I neeed to go in search of a silver evening bag. (Thats actually going to be the fun part of the day.) That, and hitting the tanning beds. I am too damn pale! I don't like dark, dark tans on me, but a little color will be nice.

So tomorrow will be quite full for a monday. I like easing into the week, and there is just nothing I can really put off to the next day. (I am the master procrastinator)

UDATE ON KATHY

My brother called me tonight, to give me an update on Kathy. Seems she got out of surgery, after they drained fluid off of her heart, and developed a blood clot in her "good" lung. So she isn't out of the hospital yet. They opened her up, and she had tumors everywhere. The inevitable is upon us unfortunately. She has a strong will to hold on. Which is evident just from how long she has held on already. When she was told about the blood clot, her comment was, "Well, it can't be that bad, I'm not dead." I sent her a huge bouquet of flowers yesterday to her house, I hope my cousin took them to her in the hospital today. Just praying for her, and her family.

I am done trying to analyze the fairness of it all. It isn't fair, it just is. And we all have a date with destiny...some people will have theirs before others. I guess this is called acceptance. She is a great, strong lady. Who will be remembered and missed dearly. I know people always say that either about the terminally ill, or the dead. But this woman truly, truly was/ IS. And I know she has touched many many lives. Mine included.

4 Comments:

  • So glad to hear that you had such a wonderful weekend. They sure do help, especially when you know you've got a full week ahead of you. I hope the PT goes well today!!

    By Blogger Sis, at 6:17 AM  

  • I love "cocooning." It is usually my dog and I, but I look forward to kicking her to the foot of the bed, if not in the other room. Have a good week!

    By Blogger Brat, at 7:41 PM  

  • PT isn't bad, but you have to trust your therapist; if you don't like him\her, try to get someone else.

    Glad you had such a nice weekend, I am totally envious. It's been a while since I had real down time.

    By Blogger Jay, at 8:33 PM  

  • Sis,
    I live for the week-ends! With or without the kids. That's where the quality time is.
    PS. I love your kitty pic!

    Brat,
    Um, I'm anxious to see your sotry unfold in that direction. I'm cheering for you!;-)

    Jay,
    Thanks for the tip on therapists. And so far, I seem to like him. Maybe it's hard to tell first visit. But he seemed genuinely concerned, and open to my input. So, at the moment, I would have to say I trust him anyway. Thank you for commenting too. I really do like comments:-) And I also enjoyed reading quite a chunk of your blog today. Your writing is absolutely wonderful!

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »