Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Amped Up & Neurotic

It's 1:45 AM, and I have headed to bed a few different times, and not made it there. Picking up after two kids who are out on Spring Break, and expecting my girlfriend Delta, from WA state tomorrow! It's not tht I'm nervous, we have been friends for eons and ages. Neurotic would be a better word for it.

I did get her guestroom slash office cleaned up and ready for her to inhabit. Except for the perpetual mess that is always on the computer desk. Latest fashion catalog, ash tray,ink pens, cigarettes, coffee mug or a plastic red cup, you know the kind that used to always be at (and I know I'm spelling this wrong) Kegers!

Kegers being the term we used in the early 80's for beer parties, usually held in the boonies somewhere, where underage drinking did not present a problem. Not that I ever drank beer! Which my father has argued, disqualifies my redneck status. It was always wine. In the early days, it was Cella Lambrusco. That ended after one really BAD night of too much Cella Lambrusco. It is not half as appealing coming back up as it was going down. Then it was on to Vodka. Clean, clear Vodka. Anyway, where was I? The mess on the desk. Won't be cleaned up, until mid afternoon tomorrow. When I will be giving up my computer until monday morning.

This will cause some withdrawal symptoms. The computer, blog reading, it is part of my morning routine. It is my relaxing moments away from life. And I will be going without, until monday.

I know I will be busy visiting, and showing Delta around the desert. But still....no computer for over 4 days? Should be interesting. I will miss reading all my favorite blogs. Well, I should try and lay down again...the hubby just popped out wondering where I was, and offered to snuggle if I would come back to bed. Hard offer to refuse.

9 Comments:

  • OK gang, 3T's going to be away from the computer for 4 days, or so she said. I think she'll be jonesing for her blog habit long before then. So to test that theory, I propose that we write about her while she's on hiatus to see if she checks in on her blog and responds.

    Who's with me out there?

    By Blogger The G-man, at 1:29 AM  

  • I remember when Boones Farm was 98 cents a bottle. That was my "drug of choice" back in the day.

    Enjoy your hiatus and your friend's visit! And of course...she has to shower some time. Perhaps you can sneak in then. ;)

    By Blogger Cattiva, at 6:37 AM  

  • LOL Catt's right, you can get your quick fix while she's in the shower or something :o) Enjoy your time with Delta, we'll look forward to hearing all about your visit!

    By Blogger Sis, at 7:02 AM  

  • Ok, well, I already had to jones for reading your blog for 6 days, and now I'll have to suffer through a few more! :-(
    I do hope that your visit with your friend is wonderful and full of fun and girlish giggles!
    Lambrusco rocks! I've never gotten sick on it, so I guess I've just not reached your intensity as of yet! LOL There is always time!
    Tequila was my bad boy....ooohhh an overstayed visiter that boy was! Now it's green tea and diet soda for me!
    Oh how I remember Kegers in the boonies! We also called em Boondockers...no idea why really, we always held em off of Jomax road by the powerlines! There are houses out there now! How dare they!
    Have a great time! We'll see ya when you're back!
    :-)

    By Blogger Jade, at 7:54 AM  

  • Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    I discovered in my late teens that I had a low tolerance for alcohol: rye, rum, vodka,... I became violently ill on all and nearly died drinking too much rye at 16. So today, it's wine or beer in moderation. Well, not always in moderation, but I clearly know my red line for puke control.

    By Blogger G-Man, at 12:15 PM  

  • G-man,
    LOL, u turd! I admit, it will be difficult. And now I will neurotically, and frantically run to ck the site during as Cattiva reminded me, her showers!;-)

    Catt,
    Boones Farm and Cella Lambrusco, the wines of our youth! Now they have a HUGE variety of wine coolers to choose from. Wish they had been around more when I was young. And I'm gonna make use of your shower idea! Thanks!:-)

    Sis,

    I will definitely write about her visit. This is our first long term visit, since I moved to the desert! Thanks! PS. I still want some of your snickerdoodle cookies!(Directions found on http://Dayatbeach.blogspot.com/ )

    Jade,
    Personally I could never stomache The Tequila god. Or rum, white or dark. Or gin. But Lambrusco will always have a special spot in my heart!;-) I will be looking for your wedding Part 2 and 3? installments on your blog!

    Hell! I feel like I'm leaving on a vacation!*sniff Sniff*

    Gary,

    We're all better off not overindulging. Especially the older we get! My tolerance for alcohol is shrinking with each passing year. Loved your blog, will be a regular visitor there. Barring the next 4 days.... :-)

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 1:35 PM  

  • Boones Farm (Strawberry Hill)...ahh those were the days.. :)

    Hurry back! Oh, and have fun!

    By Blogger some girl, at 8:42 PM  

  • I wonder if 3T's friend Delta knows about her blog.

    By Blogger The G-man, at 12:43 PM  

  • some girl,
    The good ol days of cheap, sweet, tasty wines!:-) Thanks for visiting me! I have been reading your site for a few weeks now. And am looking forward to catching up this week! :-)

    g-man!
    I have missed your teasing this week! For the record, I really got very little time to read a blog here and there. And absolutely no time to respond to any. Delta takes very quick showers:-( And does not share my love for the blogosphere. She does know about my site though. But only reads ones I want her to. And only cuz she loves me, as her interests really don't lie with reading online, or writing that much. I am very much looking forward to catching up on everyones posts! And sending my interview questions out this week, to those who have consented to allow me to pry with reporter like questions:-)

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »