Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Interview & Internet

Go over to Rachel's site http://www.bitchalicious.com/blog/ and learn a few more facts, and thoughts about her. Rachel agreed to let me interview her, and she has posted her answers! I want to thank her for allowng me to pry a little into her personal life, and work on my interviewing skills.(Even though I cheated by having my husband who was a reporter for well over two decades, help me with the questions.) She is also conducting interviews to those who say that want to be interviewed in her comments.

I have spent a good portion of the morning and the late evening doing nothing but reading blogs! It is truly addictive, and takes conscious effort for me to tear myself away, to complete tasks I am expected to complete. So in my effort to be more aware of my priorities, I have posted the Twelve Step Internet Recovery Program, for your reading pleasure. I took this off of an e-mail joke site called The Mouthpeice e-mail address ezine@gophercentral.com Some of these are far too famalier some days around here....

[m] b i t s . n . b o b s ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ TWELVE STEP INTERNET RECOVERY PROGRAM 1) I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before the Internet. 2) I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing. 3) I will get dressed before noon. 4) I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet. 5) I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived. 6) I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Internet. 7) I will read a book...if I still remember how. 8) I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Internet. 9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email. 10) I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not. 11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Inter- net. 12) Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime... and the Internet will always be there tomorrow! ____________________________________________________________
P - T - Q from the AZ Republic @ www.azcentral.com

Prayer : Dear Lord, Please give us the wisdom and guidance to live our lives with joy and fulfillment. Amen.

Thought : Kindness consists in loving people more then they deserve. - Joseph Joubert, French Moralist (1754-1824)

Quip : If gas gets anymore expensive, we deserve to know the vintage and smell the cork.

DAILY GRIND french roast mixed with to do list.
Well tomorrow I have to behave myself and get more things done around my household. Which means cutting out some blogging time in the morning and during the day. Kids go back with their dad tomorrow evening, which means I can stay up late, reading until my hearts content.

I want to try and make appts. for Kevin to get a massage, while I get a facial on Saturday. Hopefully I didn't wait too long to make an appt. for Saturday. I think a little pampering would do him some good right now. And might just put us both in the mood for some romancing. Which ultimately is the goal to begin with. It's our week-end without the kids, which usually turns our attention in this direction to begin with.

On the to do list, get birthday gifts mailed out to my father and mother. Theirs are only two weeks apart, which makes shipping a little easier anyway. Also I need to work on gathering up and labeling photo's for photo blog. Grocery shop, and go to post office.

Bedtime is whispering my name. Actually that's my husband. But as it is 2:45 AM; the bed is looking very seductive. Well, that's my husband too, except I think it's due to the fact that he's half asleep, not that he's feeling amorous. At any rate, g'nite;-)

8 Comments:

  • *Laughing My Ass Off*
    OMG, you're 12 step program sounds exactly like my house!
    I actually fit most all of those things! Ugh!
    Hi, my name is Jade, and I am an addict!

    Good Lord Lady! Almost 3 am! Yer worse than me and that makes me feel a wee bit better! LOL

    By Blogger Jade, at 7:05 AM  

  • Hey, thanks for dropping by. Here is the book which you can get at Amazon online or perhaps your local bookstore:All Families Are Psychotic
    by Douglas Coupland
    Have a stress free day.

    By Blogger G-Man, at 7:40 AM  

  • Tried to comment earlier, darned comments wasn't working.... anyhow, #3. I failed. It's now after 5pm and I'm considering putting on real clothes since hubby is on his way home :o)

    By Blogger Sis, at 3:22 PM  

  • hehehehe, yes Jade. I have my nights and days completely turned around! This sucks. But I'm helpless to change it right now....or don't want to??? It sure gives me some untinerrupted blog reading time. I need the 12 steps too, but I don't wanna..not yet anyway;-)

    Gary,
    Thank you! I plan on ordering the book. And of course I'll let you know what I think of it! I very much enjoy your site, and will be back.

    Sis,
    Those were just to famalier in my household too. If it wern't for Physical Therapy, I probably would never get outta my sweats. (aka; scrubs) Ya know the way these comments are always messed up, I'm thinking of telling Rachel I want Haloscan comments. How are you liking it? Any problems with it to speak of???

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 12:47 AM  

  • Hey, we have more in common; my husband, too, was a reporter for about 20years. Isn't it awful sometimes, the way they slip into "interview mode" with friends over dinner...I have to laugh and try to stop him sometimes; others, people are fascinated by his line of questioning. So sorry to hear about Chet; sounds like you had a good relationship with your in-laws. Your husband will always feel that void; I do, and my dad's been gone for 3 years.

    By Anonymous mediakath, at 6:10 AM  

  • Is there a local branch I can attend?

    By Blogger Kim, at 1:30 PM  

  • That exhausted me just reading it. Ugh.

    By Blogger Jay, at 1:58 PM  

  • 3T - About Haloscan, I love it. I've yet to have any problems with it, loads quickly and all that stuff. Believe it or not, you could do it yourself right now... or add it later. It has a "wizard" so it will add right into your blog w/o having to pull your hair out :o)

    Happy Easter to you!!

    By Blogger Sis, at 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »