Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I got this today from a website that sends me an e-mail called The Mouthpeice. I thought it was cute, and it made me chuckle, so here it is. I'm off to do all the errands I have let build up, because I was too busy reading everyone's blogs. That's much more fun, then daily life errands!

And the weather outside has improved drastically, as has my mood with it.

By the way, Will's (AGE 7) is my favorite comment. He is the last one.





[m] b i t s . n . b o b s CHILDREN'S DEFINITIONS OF MARRAIGE

"Marriage is when you get to keep your girl and don't have to give her back to her parents." -Eric, AGE 6

"When somebody's been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He says to her, 'I'll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get divorced, but you got to do one particular thing for me.' Then she says yes, but she's wondering what the thing is and whether it's naughty or not. She can't wait to find out." -Anita, AGE 9

"You flip a nickel, and heads means you stay with him and tails means you try the next one." -Kelly, AGE 9

"My mother says to look for a man who is kind. So that's what I'll do. I'll find somebody who's kinda tall and kinda handsome." -Carolyn, AGE 8

"Eighty-four. Because at that age, you don't have to work anymore and you can spend all your time loving each other in your bedroom." -Carolyn, AGE 8

"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife." Bert AGE 5

"You should ask the people who read Cosmopolitan." -Kirsten, AGE 10

"It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need somebody to clean up after them." -Anita, AGE 9

"It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble." -Will, AGE 7 ____________________________________________________________

12 Comments:

  • so cute

    By Blogger carrie, at 2:45 PM  

  • LOL too cute :) I really liked Anita's,.. she's got boys figured out already huh? :)

    By Blogger Sis, at 3:22 PM  

  • Will is hillarious, I want to meet that kid. I wouldn't want to be in his wives shoes some day though.

    By Blogger Darlene, at 4:45 PM  

  • The great thing about younger kids is that they still have a sense of wonder and innocence. School, CNN, video games, reality TV, fundamentalists of all faiths, drugs and a shit load of other earthly hammers eventually beat it all out of them. My main focus as an occasional teacher is let them experience being with one whose spirit stays alive by allowing the child behind his eyes escape.

    By Blogger G-Man, at 7:00 PM  

  • LOL
    I just love stuff like that! I used to love that show Bill Cosby hosted for a while "Kids Say the Darndest Things". I laughed through the entire show and lived for it to come on! Kids are great!

    By Blogger Jade, at 6:32 AM  

  • these are always hilarious!! I've seem similiar 'out of the mouths of babes' lists, but this one is different....

    By Blogger Webmiztris, at 12:36 PM  

  • Those are the funniest things I've read in weeks! Out of the mouths of babes...

    Now I'm going to have to ask my 6yr old what she things marriage is.

    By Blogger frankthebunny, at 8:56 AM  

  • Carrie~
    They are adorable. I always find the innocence of children, while answering adult questions like this entertaining.

    Sis~
    Anita's got it down!

    Darline~
    Yep! Will's my favorite! Thanks for commenting.

    Gary~
    Thanks for commenting. I admire you, being a teacher, working with kids. It is a job that does not get enough recognition, when considering the importance of what you do. Thank you for commenting.

    Jade~
    I'm with you, and kids DO say the darndest things! Bill Cosby has always had good shows, that involved children, and he knew how to make it entertainment.

    webmiztris~
    I love them! If you run across anymore, please feel free to send them my way. Thank you for commenting. By the way, I love reading your site!

    Dave~
    If you read this, I would love for you to post your daughter's answer to the question! Thanks for commenting.

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 1:28 AM  

  • Thanks for your marvelous posting! Ι quite enjoуeԁ гeading it, you might
    be a great author. ӏ will make certain to bookmark your blog and wіll often comе back down the
    road. I want to encourage you to ԁefinitely continue your great writіng, hаve a
    nice day!

    Feel free to visit my wеbsite http://www.ltcfaces.com
    my site - red kings poker bonus

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  

  • Howԁy, Ӏ ԁo think yοur website mау
    be having web browsеr compatibility prοblems.

    When I take a look аt уour websіte in Safarі, it lookѕ finе howeveг,
    when opening in Internеt Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up! Besides that, great blog!

    Feel free to visit my page :: Red Kings Poker Offer

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  

  • I pаy a quiсk vіsіt everydаy sοme sites and websites tο rеad artіcles or revіеws, еxcept
    this webpаge presents feature bаsed сontent.


    my blog - Rpmpoker Bonus

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 PM  

  • Thank you for the auspіcious writeuρ.
    It in fact was a amuѕement account
    it. Look аdvanced tο more addeԁ agгeeable from you!
    Howeνer, how can we communicate?

    my web sitе :: Mid Stakes Bonus

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »