Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Sunday, March 13, 2005

A Pimpin' we will go!

I know, corny as hell title, but that is just a little of my personality shining thru! That, and many exclamation points. I used to think that was poor writing, but if you get to know me, that's how I talk too. With melodramtic exclamation points! And some would say, and have said, with many verbose banalities. This is how I am, even in verbal conversation. And this is, my diary, so to speak. So what one might mistake as poor writing with so many verbose bananlities, is truly part of me. Not for everyone, I am more then willing to acknowledge.

But I miss my point, even before I get started here. This post is specifically to share blogs I read, and love, and look forward to posts on a daily basis. To the point of checking their blogs compulsively, hoping for a new post. It's not ALL inclusive, just a few. (Which shows you how much time I have on my hands)

To start with, I seem to never be able to pimp a few new ones, without throwing in this one! The writing in this blog, in my opinion is beyond compare. His wide range of capabilities, his talented writing, never cease to amaze me. He is extremely funny, making me laugh often in one of his posts. And in the next, he could have me tearing up, choked up, and full of emotion. And in my opinion, this is what writing is all about. Brandon, at One Child Left Behind http://www.onechildleftbehind.com/blog.htm really is worth the read every single post! If you haven't checked him out yet, do! You're missing out.

Next, is one I call my "guilty pleasure."He is drop dead halarious!! His humor is: self deprecating, gross!, dirty, disgusting at times, full of obscenities, and HE has me laughing till my stomache hurts. This blog, NOT for the easily offended, or even those who find themselves on occasion MILDLY offended. But his writing is top notch, he tells a story you emerse yourself in, and he appeals to my dirty sense of humor almost every post. Jason, is worth reading, when you need a real sick laugh! http://www.jasonmulgrew.com/content/blog.php#325

Jade, now I love readng all her posts. She has a variety on her site. She shares openly about her life, and her family. As well as having a photo album, to put faces to her players on her blog. She has fun informative posts. She is someone I would actually like to meet, and share a lunch with on occasion. She is also getting married today, and I wish her the absolute best, that married life has to offer. Considers herself a redneck, and a bitch, which leaves me feeling an affinity with her. And I know other bitches out there, know what I'm sayin'. http://azjade.com/

Rachel puts the fabulous, and CLASS in the term bitch! She also brings the talent too! I go to her site numerous times in a day. As she post sometimes several times in one day. Her site, will feature a quiz now and then, she asks her readers to share on occasion, she vents with the open honesty of a first class bitch, and then her next post will convey an open tenderness and love for her husband that is honest and real, to the point that commenting almost feels like you're intruding on a private moment between husband and wife. I LOVE IT! Rachel and her husband Gary are a fun duet featured thru her posts and comments periodically. I know this is long, but stay with me. Rachel is also a very talented web designer, one of which I am proud to say, I am having design this one, to give it her special touch, and bring it a more interesting look, and feel.
She hosts sites (she will be hosting my photo blog soon as well.) works with blogexplosion, and heads up THE bitches club too. A side note; I don't think she sleeps. Cuz I certainly don't see where she would have the time to. She is part of a group of women, that is under the category of military wives lives, that gives you a peek into what life is for the wives of our military men on base. One more side note; Rachel is real. If your offended by some occasional swearing, her site may not be for you.(But then you're here, so it shouldn't be a problem) But for proud bitches everywhere, she is a must see! Yep! I like going here, and often. http://www.bitchalicious.com/blog/

The defeatist, an enigma to be sure. And a bit of a mystery and puzzle that has you wanting to figure him out. An educated man, with a few problems connecting with the opposite sex. He speaks openly, and he draws you in with his excellent writing, and storytelling. I look for a new post everyday. And am waiting patiently (OK, not so patiently) for his part two of Blind Date #2.
I keep coming back, to his writing, when I think of his site. Well worth going to for a daily read. It's opening a book, of well done short stories with a conundrum. http://defeatist.blogspot.com/

And last, but far from least of this months featured blogs, is Jay. An extraordinary, intellegent young woman, whose love for writing is evident in each and every post. I haven't been reading her very long, but do find mysef drawn to read each of her daily posts. With a strong awareness of social problems facing young people, she writes with compassion and intellegence. With a tongue in cheek sense of humor, she writes of different current events, and brings some laughter to each of them. She also writes of her personal life, and her feelings, periodically with a humorous tone, others in all seriousness. Occasionally snarky, and at times I don't always agree with her stand points. (Or possibly I just don't "get her") But I am always drawn to read her excellent writing. http://saintvodkaofthemartini.blogspot.com/

This concludes my list of reads for the month. At times my love for reading other blogs hinders my ability to produce more posts here in my own blog. But if you have a gander at some of these, it is evident as to why I am reading versus posting. Enjoy your Sunday! :-)

16 Comments:

  • When are you going to get that blog roll up? The list of links?

    By Blogger The G-man, at 12:47 PM  

  • G-man,
    You'd have to ask Rachel that. She is going to set it up for me, with the llist of sites I gave her (of which you're on as well.) And then hold my hand and walk me thru how to do it. I DID ask you for help at one point.... (hehehehe, I'm kiddin') Anyway,Rachel from Web Divas is working on it for me.

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 1:08 PM  

  • With that kick in the rear I'll have to say it's going to be up by the end of the week. :D

    Love ya!

    By Anonymous rachel, at 9:38 PM  

  • as always, you are way, way too kind. but i'm happy to make you cry.

    that didn't sound right!

    By Blogger ducklet, at 10:02 PM  

  • Well G-man, you heard it from the talented Rachel. Although I do not want to put pressure on her in the least. She is creative, and you cannot pressure creativity.(As excited as I am!) I do recommend Rachel from Web divas to anyone looking for an original and creative blog skin. And more. She is willing to work with you on a personal level to give you exactly what you're looking for.

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 10:19 PM  

  • brando, LOL! You crack me up even when you comment. And I'm not being kind. I go thru tons of blogs! I stand by my comments:-)

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 10:21 PM  

  • The wait is over. Part two was posted today over at my site. Thanks for the plug.

    By Blogger The Defeatist, at 5:45 AM  

  • Know what's funny? I landed here by accident today, via blog explosion. I thought "Hmm, this looks familiar. Oh wait, this IS familiar!"

    p.s. 90% of the time, only 10% of people agree with me, and even fewer understand me. I'm okay with that.

    By Blogger Jay, at 8:47 AM  

  • Defeatist,
    Yay! Thanks for letting me know about Blind #2 part 2. (I woulda known within 2 hours of being up this morning...but I appreciate the heads up!

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 10:13 AM  

  • Jay,
    Then it's all good. I do love reading your posts regardless of whether I necessarily agree. Varied opinions are the spice of getting to know new people. And you are an excellent writer!

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 10:16 AM  

  • Rachel,

    I didn't know where exactly to place this, but, I'll start here. I am very excited to have been excepted into the bitches club!!! And I think I can assume it is thanks to you! And thank you! Getting to know you, via blogs, and e-mails has been what I consider a very lucky pleasure! You are a great gal! And I look forward to a long association. Hope your having a wonderful day!
    Love,
    3T

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 10:20 AM  

  • I like your blog. You seem a tad over the edge, but I find that attractive.

    By Blogger G-Man, at 5:35 PM  

  • Here I sat, thinking to myself, "Self, it's Monday night, you have no homework to do, and American Idol has shifted to Tuesday nights...what's a girl to do?"

    And then I swing by your place and find all kinds of new blogs to read.

    Woohoo!

    By Blogger zam, at 5:55 PM  

  • Congrats on your acceptance! Thanks for stopping by my site the other day.

    By Blogger Kim, at 6:10 PM  

  • Gary,
    Um, well thanks? "tad over the edge" Not sure what you eman't by that, but I HAVE been called worse.
    :-) Thanks for commenting though.

    Zam,
    I'm glad I provided you with some new ones. I think these are some of the Cream of the crop! Thanks for coming by.

    Kim,
    Thanks for the congrat! And I enjoyed reading your site and will be back. I loved your post on your dad. Thanks for commenting.

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 11:31 PM  

  • Just found your list of links and reviews. I'm a regular reader of a few already, so I'll definitely check out the rest. Great site!

    By Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »