Stumbling thru life w/Grace

Monday, April 04, 2005

Renaissance Tradition

"Could you make my boobs 3 times their normal size please?" Was the first thing outta of my mouth, when we stepped into the little booth of the caricature artist. His response was, "Absolutely no problem. Art surgery, is my specialty." And my husband and I had a good time sitting there, while he drew our caricature. Even the rugrats, were fairly well behaved. Tayler actually was an angel as usual, Satan's Spawn (aka; Riley) did pretty good, although his quiet critique of the artist's efforts may have irritated our artist.

It has become our tradition to go to the Renaissance Festival http://emol.org/azrenfest/ once a year. This year was our fourth year, and we always have the best time there! There is so much to see and do there, that no two experiences there are ever the same. This year was no exception.

Kevin and I took my two youngest kids Tayler and Riley. We end up usually sort of splitting up, as the entertainment that Riley loves the best, are anything to do with weapons and violence.(and yes that does concern me) And there is plenty of it there! Tayler and I usually wander off to look at the many booths, while Riley goes from the paint guns to the arch bows, to the paint guns, and so on and so on, and so on. (In other words I can't remember the many weaponry games available to him, but there were tons of them!)

Tayler and I decided to have a Renaissance photo taken, and surprisingly enough, it turned out wonderful. The kids did the bungee jumping trampoline 4 times eacc, as well as the rock climb wall. Tayler beat her brother on that, and went all the way to the top. Riley got tired 2/3's of the way up though, and came down, much to Tayler's glee.

I will put our Renaissance photo's on my photo blog, as soon as I get them developed and off to Rachel at Bitchalicious.

Lunch is usually either steak on a stick, turkey legs, and Riley's favorite mac and cheese on a stick. Or as I'm fond of calling it, heart attack on a stick. Mac and cheese is clumped together, breaded and deep fried, for one big ol' pile of grease. Yes, I let him have it. One time a year shouldn't clog his arteries just yet. As he is the youngest and only one of my kids who would consider eating that mess, I cut him slack on Ren Fest day.

We had a wonderful time, and I recommend that anyone who lives in AZ try it at least once. I didn't think I would like it, and allowed Kevin to talk me into it. Since then I am more excited then the kids for this time of year. It is also a wonderful opportunity to bond with the kids and as a family, and yet the parents still have a lot of fun!

If you're ever coming to AZ, I would choose March (middle March) so you can be a part of this wonderful Festival. It made for a great day, and wonderful week-end with the kids!

16 Comments:

  • Are trampolines and rock climbing walls really renaissance these days?

    The image of mac and cheese on a stick will put me into a tail-spin for the entire rest of the day, that's great!

    By Blogger Jay, at 7:47 PM  

  • OMG, macncheese on a stick...don't tell my son! Please don't tell my son! lol I'm looking forward to the pics!

    By Anonymous Bitchitude a.k.a. GlassHoppah, at 11:24 PM  

  • Mac and Cheese on a stick? I don't remember that one, thank God! (And I thought I was nauseas before!)
    Sounds like ya'll had a great time! I've only been able to talk Ryan into taking us once. I do hope we can go again some time.

    I can't wait to see the pics!

    By Blogger Jade, at 8:25 AM  

  • breaded, deep fried mac and cheese???!!!

    sounds heavenly. ;)

    By Blogger Webmiztris, at 9:48 AM  

  • I always hate the thought of the price to pay to get in and have fun... but once a year isn't too bad.

    Rich
    CrackheadLogic

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM  

  • I have never been to one of these - had friends that couldn't get enough of them.

    Must go!

    Great post!

    By Blogger Monkey, at 11:35 AM  

  • Wow, sounds like you guys had a blast!!! I wish there was something like that around us! Would be a lot of fun!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

    By Blogger Sis, at 11:42 AM  

  • I've only been once...and that was waaaay back in the 6th grade on a field trip. Sadly, I remember that my favorite part of the whole trip was the charter bus we took to go up there. It had a bathroom and a TV. When you're 12 years old...that's pretty awesome. *Grins* I know - I'm pathetic.

    By Anonymous Sassy, at 7:27 PM  

  • Appreciated your comment on my blog.
    When I was a kid, the fair was the highlight of autumn. MMMMMMMMMMM candy apples!

    By Blogger G-Man, at 5:56 AM  

  • Sounds like a great time was had by all! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today.

    I just posted a bad-girl story that I'm sure you'll appreciate... ;)

    By Blogger panthergirl, at 1:06 PM  

  • Jay,
    Actually the way the Renaissance Fest. does it, is the wall climb is actually the front of a HUGE castle, so the them is to schale the castle walls. Same with the bungee/trampoline although I can't remember how they worded it, but it too has to do with scaling the castle walls.

    The mac & cheese on a stick???Just can't go there ;-)
    But obviously they seel enough of it, to continue to offer it each year.

    bitchatude a.k.a. glasshoppah: I think you have the right point, it's a boy delight! Got the pics developed yesterday, now I just need to get them off to Rachel for the design of my photoblog. (I am a procrastinator of the worst kind)

    Hey Jade: It really is a lot of fun! It is one of our few outings wit the kids we save for. They have so much fun there. Hope you're feeling better. (Woke up this morning with your head-ache, starting to let up though...)

    webmiztriz: YOu have to love mac and cheese for sure! Only my 9 yr old son falls into that category in my house. Thanks for commenting!

    Rich (Crackhead logic) This is one of three things a year, where we put aside the money, to go all out. The kids love it! And my hubby and I love it! But I know whatcha mean. Although after 4 years of going, I have learned not to dwell on the $amount for this, as it is creating memories that are priceless for us as a family. The ther two being the pumpkin patch out at Schnepf Farms in october, and then the annual vacation usually to a beach somewhere. thanks for commenting!
    :-)


    Monkey: You ought to try it once. It is a lot of fun! Of course I recommentd the one here in warm AZ. It's HUGE! :-) Thanks for commenting on my site.

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 3:03 PM  

  • Sis: We really had a wonderful time! And I can't wait to have my pics up, too! :-)

    Sassy: Pathetic??? Far from it dear!!! I love reading about your social life. Thanks for commenting. And next year, you should give it a try again. Go with a group of your girlfriends. I know ya'll would have a great time! ;-)

    Gary,
    I'm glad you didn't mind, I didn't know if I had overstepped boundaries with the comment I left. Hey, they had candy apples (although I think they were caramel apples) at the Renaissance Festival too!

    Panthergirl: No, thank YOU for sharing such an honest touching story with us. You are a special, strong woman. (Besides being drop dead gorgeous!)

    And now, I am off to check out your bad girl story, cuz those are some of my favorites to read!:-)

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 3:11 PM  

  • Did this work ... HAHA testing on your site... Thanks Hun

    By Blogger Rich, at 3:46 PM  

  • Family fun and boobs. Talk about multi-tasking. Great site. Here's me.

    By Blogger ClaudBLOG, at 11:41 PM  

  • Rich: You're welcome to ru tests on my site, anytime you like! ;-)

    claudblog: Just checked out your site. It's GREAT! I bookmarked it and will explore your posts a little more in depth, at a respectable hour tomorrow.
    PS. And if I have a caricature done, the boobs are the most impoortant! Free suregery, without the risks. Can't beat that. ;-)

    By Blogger 3rd Times a Charm, at 1:49 AM  

  • groves hyperfic orderthe diameter montes hendrix adiv dutyboard positioning trillions rays
    lolikneri havaqatsu

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< # Bitch Club ? >>

« ? dry heat! # »